The Diaconate of URC would like to extend our gratitude toward everyone at URC who participated in Give+Serve 2019. A quick summary of our summer:
- Donut Brunch Ministry Fair – a fun event for the people of URC to learn more about service opportunities within our church. Reach out to a ministry director if you are interested in finding a way to serve!
- On Goal Soccer Camp – On Goal was attended by 65-70 students from around the city. They played soccer, learned new skills on the field, and had daily devotions discussing the gospel message. Many players were members of other Bible churches in the area and grew in their knowledge of scripture, and a handful of kids said they would like to follow Christ for the first time! We housed 16-18 coaches and provided them with 14 fellowship meals.
- Karenni VBS – URC partnered with the Hummel family’s backyard VBS for 50 Karenni kids who live in the Lansing area. Activities included crafts, snacks, scripture memory, and teaching from several URC members and pastors. Your giving helped provide a fun filled and gospel focused week for these children.
- Deerpath VBS – a first time event to minister to the families and our neighbors over at Deerpath Apartments. Four URC adults and 10 DIG students led the VBS for 10-15 kids each evening. The gospel message was presented and warmly received by our new friends. A homework club for kids has started as a follow up to the VBS program. Continue to pray that those who heard the message would come to know Christ as their Savior.
- MacDonald Middle School Cards – we ended up delivering around 100 “thank you” cards to the faculty and staff at MacDonald Middle School. Pray that this simple gesture would help build relationships within our community, lead people to visit URC, and that the Holy Spirit would work in their hearts.
Thank you for participating in Give+Serve 2019 this summer. Let us together as a body head into the fall and winter seasons with a heart focused on generosity and service towards others.
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. (Galatians 6:9-10)