We are committed to spreading the good news of Jesus to all the peoples of the earth, that they might hear, believe, and find forgiveness of sins in Him. Therefore, it is our joyful privilege to partner with men and women who are actively taking the gospel message to all the nations.
All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age - Matthew 28:18-20
We seek to send and partner with workers who aim to share the gospel, make disciples, and plant/build up local churches where needs are greatest and workers are fewest.
We consider the following as essential elements for our missionaries.
- Sent workers. We seek to send missionaries and partner with those who have a clear sending church which is committed to spiritual and methodological accountability.
- Evangelism. Workers must be personally equipped and committed in their ministry methodologies to verbally declare the good news of the gospel. For workers who have non-ministry vocations, evangelism must still be an essential part for why they are going and what they seek to do through their vocation.
- Discipleship. Christian discipleship includes teaching all that God has revealed in the Scripture, as well as living a life of obedience in response to this good news.
- Plant & Build Up Churches. The aim of the missionary call is to see healthy, indigenous local churches which will be centers for gospel ministry and gospel expansion. Missionaries must aim their ministry efforts to help plant churches (where no church exists) or help build up local churches through their active participation (and membership when possible) in the life of a local church.
- Prioritizing the Need. The world is full of lost people. We are committed to sending and partnering with missionaries in all parts of the world, yet we also recognize the great need for places where there is little or no gospel witness. This means we prioritize the need for workers to be sent to places where gospel resources and healthy churches are fewest.
Who We Support
We prioritize support for URC members but we also partner with others who share similar Reformed convictions. We are looking for people with a bold vision to reach the unreached and who are strategically positioned to multiply workers in closed countries.
Support and Pray for Our Missionaries
We encourage you to support our missionaries through prayer and financial giving. A great way to get started is by receiving their ministry updates. As you pray for their families and their work, we encourage you to consider partnering with them financially. Contact Nick if you'd like to see a list of missionaries we support.
GO/SEND! luncheons are aimed at forming an intentional community exploring missions with the purpose of encouraging people to GO and to be effective supporters of those the church SENDS. Each monthly gathering will include instruction, discussion, testimonies and prayer. Lunch and childcare will be provided. Watch the bulletin and newsletter for meeting dates.