Women and girls age 12 and up are invited to join us as we celebrate the birth of our King together and enjoy a time of devotion, fellowship, and dessert on Monday, December 7 from 7:00-8:30pm.
News & Events
Women are invited to a time of fellowship under the pavilion at URC on Saturday, October 10 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Bring your own coffee. Snacks will be provided.
All women are invited to gather for a picnic fellowship at Valhalla Park on Monday, October 5 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Bring your own lunch and meet near the playground.
At URC we love our kids! Since we won’t be gathering in Sunday school together this semester, we will be sending out a video lesson each week for our elementary aged kids. Each week one of our elders or staff will be reading from an adaption of the Pilgrim’s Progress on a video we will post here.
You can pick up a copy of the book and the map that goes along with the book in the children’s wing on the counter. (Please only 1 per kid!) In addition, we will set out an activity page that goes with each week’s chapter that you can pick up in the same place from week to week.
For this year’s Give/Serve initiative the Diaconate would like to offer the congregation a couple of opportunities to support our college students. The changes that have come about because of the pandemic have affected everyone, but for this initiative we want to focus on the group of people who have had to change their plans, hopes, dreams and sometimes addresses, multiple times over the last six months. We want to provide them support and encouragement from their church home.
- Serve: The first opportunity is to “adopt” a college student for the school year. Some of our students are away at colleges not in town, others are doing online classes from home and a few are in the dorm or a campus apartment. Each “adoption” will look different depending on where the student is and what the student and serving family or individual are comfortable with, but for each connection it would mean reaching out to the student throughout the year. It may be phone calls, video calls, in person meet-ups, cards through the mail or a combination. You can serve your college student by finding out how they’re doing, praying for them and reminding them that we still care for them and support them whether they’re able to be in the pews on Sunday or not.
- Give: If you’re not able to “adopt” a college student we invite you to donate gift cards that will then be distributed to college students. They can be from Meijer, Target, Walmart or any other location that would help students as they purchase groceries or other items they need. If you’re interested or have questions, please contact Linnea Knapp at [email protected] by October 7, and we’ll get you matched up with a college student.
This Sunday (September 20) we are collecting snacks to make care packages for quarantined students. The packages will include a letter communicating that we are praying for them and where they can find information about our church.
- cookies (store bought or in plastic bags)
- fruit (that has a long shelf life and doesn’t get beat up)
- the URC Kitchen Sunday morning (9/20)
If you would like to help with delivering, email Kevin McAlvey at [email protected]. Let’s pray that this will be a step towards more MSU students hearing the gospel.
All women are invited to gather for a picnic fellowship at Granger Meadows Park on Monday, September 21 from 11am-1pm. Bring your own lunch and meet at the pavilion by the playground. (East entrance off of Wood St., then first right into the parking lot.). Contact Karen Zeilstra with questions.
Email pastor Kevin at [email protected] if you would like to sign up for an online only Growth Group this fall. The group will begin in early October and meet three times a month for prayer and a short devotional.
Join us for the first outdoor version of the URC Men’s Breakfast on Saturday, September 26 from 8:00-9:30 am under the outdoor tent. Join your URC brothers for fellowship and a provided breakfast from Chick-Fil-A. Due to bringing in the food from outside, we are asking that you register so we have a head count. If you would like to bring a dish to pass as well that would be great! Please register here